Thursday, August 11, 2011

My aunt/uncle are jealous of my 3 YO...?

So my aunt and uncle have a 7 and a 10 YO, they were older parents and my husband and I had kids in our ealr 20's who are now 3 (in a weeks) and 7 months. They have some serious jealous issues or something with my daughter esp. She is VERY intelligent (like being tested for giftedness after her Bday in a week kind of smart) and she is VERY well behaved. Like I would be 100% comfortable taking her to the most posh/snooty/expensive restaurant in the world becasue she wil sit quietly use her fork/spoon/ect. Excuse herself the whole nine. (I got VERY lucky). Their kids are beasts. They don't listen, they are whiney. annoying, rude ect. My aunt/uncle both work hard and do quite well for themselves and have a BIG problem with the fact that my husband and I are possibly a bit better off then them and are much younger. We like to vacation often (4 day weekend type things) and we get our kids many nice things (toys/clothing ect). It's such a problem that for her Bday next week we purchased a very large wooden swing set for our daughter ( LIKE VERY large) and my grandmom has asked me to have her party elsewhere becasue she doesn't want my aunt/uncle to see the swing set. Becasue she doesn't want to hear what they have to say about how we're so young how do we afford things like that ect. Their kids have one too, not as big; but perfectly fine. Their kids have every video game sys and all the american girl doll stuff nothing cheap. But still they think we "spoil" our daughter. Is she spoiled probably, but she is also generous and polite, and appreciative. Whenever a bday/christmas comes we go through her room and go through her toys ect and pick out a small bag full of things to donate before she gets anything new. She doesn't get new things without giving some of the old very good condition things away. Yes she gets expensive clothing but she grows VERY slowly and is a neat/clean freak so I don't have to worry about her suddenly outgrowing/staining ect. I don't understand why I need to be made to feel uncomfortable because I like to get my kids nice/expensive things. Does she sound too spoiled to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment