Thursday, August 11, 2011

Issue with attending college and working at the same time?

Right now, I have a job at UPS that works in the evenings from about 5-9. The pay isn't that great and the hours are short, but the benefits are really top notch. I have been pondering attending my local community college recently to get a degree in Architectual CAD A.A.S. This is something I want to do so I can get a good job in the future. My dilemma is, that the actual courses in CAD take place in the evenings when I work and I cannot schedule for missing a day of work every week. Right now I can take a few courses in general education like math and others and still keep my job. But when I need to start my CAD cles is when I might need to find new employment. My question is, should I give up my job at UPS to attend college? I really want a degree, and to get a good paying job. I'm basically giving up good benefits to earn myself a better future, which doesn't seem like a big decision. But I am really nervous about all the changes that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment